niño de sábado

This blog was founded in order to share my thoughts, feelings, musings, rants and any other rambling thoughts with the world. Please feel free to comment, disagree, argue or just say hello. We're in the world, let's keep in touch.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

This blog is for all the parents out there, especially the dads, and especially-especially for the stay at home dads. Spending most of my days alone with a baby has been one of the most challenging experiences of my life, and it often leaves me wondering if I am the only one who has gone through this. I would love to hear from those of you who read it. Please feel free to share your comments, experiences, or advice. My daughter/Baby Ham is a marvel, a miracle, and the best reason to get up in the morning. I hope you all enjoy sharing our journey down Parenthood/Childhood Lane.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

This, That and the Other...

Pink has a new single called STUPID GIRLS, it skewers the national obsession with the likes of Paris, Nicole, Britney, etc. The song stands up for girls with goals, dreams and brains as opposed to those dim blonds always flipping their hair and wearing push up bras. Way to go, Pink. By the way, I think this is going to be Pink's year. She's been out of the public eye for a while, but that's because she's been starring in a feature film playing Janis Joplin. I think her voice is going to be great for the music, and I hope the movie is good. I can't get enough of a good bio pic.

SPEAKING OF STUPID GIRLS...
I can't get enough of America's Next Top Model, and it's coming back for another cycle starting March 8th. Yeah, I know it's junk food beamed directly from a tube into my ever softening brain, but there are worse addictions. And Tyra Banks is proof that beautiful doesn't mean dumb. She created, executive produces and is featured on the show. Her concept has been licensed to production companies world wide. Ms. Banks has the brains to back up that last name, because she is certainly making "bank" with ANTM and her talk show, TYRA. Good on ya, but I think it's a shame you let Janice go for Twiggie, she's a wet banger if I ever saw one.

AMERICAN IDOL TOP 24
Finally, they've been chosen, now it's America's turn to vote. My girl Mandisa, with the big booty and the bigger voice is at 29 the oldest contestant (along with that Jay Leno spastic grayhaired guy.) I hope she gets a fair shot, because she has loads of talent. I also liked the way she called Simon out on his rude remarks about her weight. She was a lady, she made her point, and in doing so I think she made an impression on everyone watching.

Another reason I'm glad the audition phase is over is because I was so sick of Terrell and Derrell or Berrell or Squirrel, or whatever those obnoxious twins were called. Their arrogance was legendary. To think the way they went on about how great they were and how they were exibiting "exemplary" behavior, and then the truth comes out, they are forgers, embezzlers and identity theives! They should just shut up, be locked away for a long time and never live it down. Even their mama should be hanging her head in shame. Good riddence to arrogant rubbish!

One thing baffled me... There is only on African-American male in the final 12 men, and he didn't have as good a voice as others that were showcased. Through the auditions there were many brothers that were excellent singers. I could understand them getting over looked for better singers, but for that pale odd looking guy with the glasses? I was surprised when he moved on. From what I heard of his voice, it's nice, but I can't imagine him winning. Perhaps his talent will change my mind when he sings next week. Still, between you and me, I doubt he'll make the top twelve.
That's all for now. Chyman out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home