niño de sábado

This blog was founded in order to share my thoughts, feelings, musings, rants and any other rambling thoughts with the world. Please feel free to comment, disagree, argue or just say hello. We're in the world, let's keep in touch.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

This blog is for all the parents out there, especially the dads, and especially-especially for the stay at home dads. Spending most of my days alone with a baby has been one of the most challenging experiences of my life, and it often leaves me wondering if I am the only one who has gone through this. I would love to hear from those of you who read it. Please feel free to share your comments, experiences, or advice. My daughter/Baby Ham is a marvel, a miracle, and the best reason to get up in the morning. I hope you all enjoy sharing our journey down Parenthood/Childhood Lane.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Nosferatu & the Family Stone


When I was about 10 years old, I loved SLY AND THE FAMILY STONE. Their music was infectious. You could Dance to the Music. Sing a Simple Song. And when you got into their philosophy, you could truly believe that Everybody is a Star. What I saw last night on the Grammy Awards telecast shocked me. I just stared at the screen unable to believe this sad, disillusioned creature was the man who's music inspired a generation. This is your life on drugs. To have everything and come to this. How sad.

I was happy that John Legend won three awards for his inspired music. Happy for my girl, Mariah's three wins, even though none were televised. It was interesting how frightened and unsure she seemed while performing. I thought her performance was uneven, she delivered on the big notes, but barely squeaked through the quieter parts of her songs. Perhaps that's why Mimi never really tours. Christina Aguilera's performance was such a contrast. Her voice strong and in control as she sang A SONG FOR YOU. (Even though she was good, she didn't match the rendition of the guy who won SHOWTIME AT THE APOLLO last year.) As we were watching, Ricky noted how Mariah looked nothing like her videos. I could see the age settling in too, as concealer lost the battle last night.

Mary J. Blige did herself proud. Madonna sounded good during the first part of her performance with Gorillaz, then when she moved to the other side of the stage and stopped lip-synching, she sounded like herself. Too bad yoga didn't do for the voice what it did for the body.

This is a very busy week what with my regular load of classes and the 4 day workshop that I'm also taking this week. I'll probably be away from the post for a while. Loving ya, and leaving ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home