niño de sábado

This blog was founded in order to share my thoughts, feelings, musings, rants and any other rambling thoughts with the world. Please feel free to comment, disagree, argue or just say hello. We're in the world, let's keep in touch.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

This blog is for all the parents out there, especially the dads, and especially-especially for the stay at home dads. Spending most of my days alone with a baby has been one of the most challenging experiences of my life, and it often leaves me wondering if I am the only one who has gone through this. I would love to hear from those of you who read it. Please feel free to share your comments, experiences, or advice. My daughter/Baby Ham is a marvel, a miracle, and the best reason to get up in the morning. I hope you all enjoy sharing our journey down Parenthood/Childhood Lane.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I Wish I Knew How To Quit You!

LEGGO BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN
"Leggo Brokeback Mountain," is one of the funniest things I've seen on the web in a long time. It helps that the leggos are really hot!

You can get a better (bigger) view at: destinationdaniel.smugmug.com. Whoever Daniel is, he sure gave me a good laugh today. ¡Muchos gracias!

I feel sorry for those so wrapped up in their prejudices, fears, latent homosexuality or whatever, who refuse to see the movie. Their loss, our gain. I hope BROKEBACK wins big at the Oscars, but I have a feeling another movies just might "crash" their party.




NOAH'S ARC RENEWED!

The first series to air on the LOGO channel (the channel for the LGBT community) has been renewed for another season. They will shoot the second season in Vancouver, a city I love.

I really enjoyed NOAH'S ARCH this season. The characters are funny, the stories are cute and topical, and each of the actors have their own special charisma. Sometimes I would be blown away by Noah's very cutting edge fashions, but when I think about it, it's a good choice because his clothes are so bizzare the show will never be dated. So keep wearing those rejects from Project Runway, Noah, and hurry back with new episodes!

WACK IS BACK!

Who's brilliant idea was it to invite Whitney Houston (we've got a problem) Brown to perform at the Winter Olympics? Don't they televise BEING BOBBY BROWN over there in Torino? Obviously not, because the Countess de Crack was invited to perform, and probably paid a boatload of lire, and only wound up embarassing herself, and shattering any vestiges of a wholesome image she may have had left...Allegedly.

This morning on Ryan Seacrest's radio show, he played back to back versions of Whitney singing "One Moment In Time." The first version, had Crackney singing in Torino wearing that 'snowmam' outfit (hmmm...the term "snow" takes on a whole new meaning when it's related to some folks.) It is abysmal. She's off key, wheezing and croaking. The next version is the one she recorded before everything went to hell in a crack basket. That version sounds luminous, brilliant and amazing.

It really made me sad to hear them played back to back, over and over again. Still, I'm glad Ryan did it. It's a warning to all those young talented people out there who think the drug life is a part of show business, and that they can get away with abusing their gift. It was a "This is Your Talent on Drugs-(Allegedly)" moment, a brutal lesson for us all.

I still love you, WH and I hope you can recover, so we can all relive that One Moment In Time when you were the brightest star in the galaxy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home