niño de sábado

This blog was founded in order to share my thoughts, feelings, musings, rants and any other rambling thoughts with the world. Please feel free to comment, disagree, argue or just say hello. We're in the world, let's keep in touch.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

This blog is for all the parents out there, especially the dads, and especially-especially for the stay at home dads. Spending most of my days alone with a baby has been one of the most challenging experiences of my life, and it often leaves me wondering if I am the only one who has gone through this. I would love to hear from those of you who read it. Please feel free to share your comments, experiences, or advice. My daughter/Baby Ham is a marvel, a miracle, and the best reason to get up in the morning. I hope you all enjoy sharing our journey down Parenthood/Childhood Lane.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Out Foxxed!

Is anyone else as sick-2-death of Jamie Foxx as I am? Trust me, no one was a bigger supporter of Mr. Foxx last year due to his magnificent performance in RAY. I saw that movie in theaters twice and was the first to run out and buy the special edition DVD and I have watched it and all the extras more than a few times. But now, I have had it up to there with seeing Jamie Foxx act a fool everywhere he appears. And unfortunately, HE IS EVERYWHERE!!!

First he comes out with two stale movies after winning the Oscar. I skipped STEALTH, but I saw JARHEAD, and was disappointed in Foxx's performance which seemed to me to be a return to his old stand-up schitck. Then Kayne Wests' hot GOLDDIGGER came out. It was a cool song. I grooved to it like everybody else, but nobody loved it more than Jamie Foxx. Every show he appeared on, he would, without prompting launch into "She spend my money! When I'm in ne-he-he-heeed!" And then go on and on about how he has the #1 song and he's so great and blah blah blah!

Then he starts promoting his album and he's everywhere all over again. And of course, he does the GOLDDIGGER Ray Charles bit again EVERYWHERE he shows up! And his music? That song UNPREDICTABLE could only have been written by the biggest swole-up, waterhead on the planet! A little humility goes a long way, Mr. Foxx. Lord, how I wish your granny was here so she could beat some sense into you again.

Speaking of Granny, did you notice how he did the same "This is for Granny..." speech at the Golden Globes and the Oscars. He cried on cue in the same places. That made the whole thing seem phoney. Why am I surprised? I wasn't born yesterday. This is Hollywood. It's all staged! It's all phoney!

You know, Foxx was getting on my nerves a lot, but I wasn't going to write anything about him. The brotha is a success and I figured he should go all out and enjoy it for at least a year. Then I saw Foxx on TV a couple of nights ago promoting Bling Water.

Yeah, you read it right. Bling Water! This is some mess thought up by Kevin G. Boyd, a former writer for THE JAMIE FOXX SHOW, so right off you know this excrement is supsect!

They are promoting this urination as the "Cristal of Drinking Water" and it comes in a bottle decorated with Swarovski crystals. Jamie Foxx was on screen, grinning and preening and holding up a bottle of this Monkey Crotch Sweat, as if it was the best thing since God made rain. COME ON MAN!!!

As if our culture isn't twisted enough by the over emphasis on materialism! We have Nelly on the radio talking about "Rob a jewlry story and buy you a Grill!" We've got every other rapper spouting excrement about how much money, clothes, furs, and jewels they have. They confuse self-esteem with self-indulgence. Do these people not think about the poison they are infecting the public with when they spew this verbal diarrhea?

Bling Water... Uh-uh-uh! Granny Foxx, I hope you can hear me up there in heaven. Your boy needs you. That gold plated statue has gone to his head, and he needs some serious guidance. I know you're dead, so you can't beat his azz anymore. But maybe you can call on a friend and have someone send down a lightening bolt to singe his behind back to reality. The man is losing it, and on the real, this kind of synthetic hubris fueled life will only weaken his God given talent.

Now that you've got the grapes, Mr. Foxx, have a little class, humility and social responsibility. The backlash is beginning to trickle. Stop the madness now, before it becomes a tidal wave.

That's all I can stands, cause I can't stands no more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home